Information for Industrial Partners
The EM center welcomes industrial customer who seek morphological or compositionial information about their production processes and products. Electron Microscopy might be able to help in many ways:
- Topographical analysis for a wide range of soft and hard materials through Scanning Electron Microscopy. Our FEI Magellan 400 has excellent resolution for non-conduction materials and allows imaging without sputter- coating down to the 5-10nm range. For conduction samples feature sizes down to 1-2 nm are accessible.
- Element detection and distribution close to a sample surface can be analysed using the attached Oxford X-Max Energy Dispersive X-Ray Spectrometer (EDS). While detectable feature size in EDS is highly sample dependent, lighter elements can be mapped at resolutions down to the 100nm range.
- Interior morphology and structure analysis is accessible through our Transmission Electron Microscopy Suite.
- Light element analysis and mapping in thin films through Electron Energy Loss Spectroscopy (EELS) and Energy Filtered Transmission Electron Microscopy (EFTEM) in our JEOL JEM-2200FS EFTEM.
- Heavy element determination and mapping through an Oxford X-Max Electron Energy Dispersive Spectrometer (EDS).
For more information please contact the center staff.